What was going on yesterday at a given time? Poems in Past Continuous

 


            What was going on nearby and far away

                at a given time yesterday?

                 Poems in Past Continuous


(Uwaga! Przy odczycie na telefonie lepiej odwrócić ekran poziomo :). / When using a mobile it's more convenient to look at the screen horizontally :).)

 

 

?The sun was shining.

The children at school were dancing.

I was listening to music.

I was cooking dinner.

Maybe someone was traveling

Probably someone died and someone was born.


Kinga Lehmann, 8a

 


My mom was cooking dinner

My dad was cleaning the garden

My dog was playing

My grandma  - cleaning the house.

Klaudia Petke, 8a

 

Janek was sitting at the table

Mother was riding on the horse to the stable

Father was laying on the sofa

My grandmother was travelling to europa

Ciri was playing in the garden 

And i'm watching the joe biden

This poem was silly 

 And it's the end finally

 

Jędrzej Kwiatkowski, 8b

 

Here’s what is called a prose poem – it looks like a piece of prose but has a poetic quality (mood, images, vocabulary):

So yesterday at 3 p.m.  I was playing computer games.My sister was making up. birds outside were singing. Some businessmen on Wall Street were buying a company. My cats were  catching mice. My dogs were barking. Shark was eating some men on the Florida coast. An astronaut was living in a space station. And in the far corner of galaxy space lizards were flying in spaceships. 

 

Wiktor Ożóg, 8b

  

 

What Was Going On Yesterday at 3 p.m.

 

Birds were singing.

It wasn't raining.

The sun was shining.

They finished lessons.

I was cooking.

They were watching a film.

Someone was dancing.

There wasn't a moon in the sky.

 

Kacper Piernicki, 8b

 

 

... and here are some variations on the subject and examples of just getting astray – to quite interesting results...


 Ordinary Life Can Be Extraordinary

Yesterday I took time to study


and the thoughts that go through my head all week.


There was plenty of time for cleaning


so I did it too.


At that moment my faithful animals were going crazy all day, 


it would seem that a dog and a cat in a friendship is not possible, 


but for me it is simply not true.


My mother gave lectures,


my sister took lessons 


and dad went shopping.


Suddenly evening came,

relaxation, a warm bath and a moment for myself. 


Something that I really like….


Patrycja Kwidzińska, 8a

 


Klaudia Dymek, 8a



I met my best friend,
And we made his favourite chocolate cake.
His dog was so sleepy.
Because yhe weather was a little windy
We wanted to go shopping yesterday,
But the horrible coronavirus restrictions
destroyed our planned day.

                                                                 Klaudia Przespolewska, 8a


Komentarze