A Dialogue with Stative Verbs - 1st prize

 



Plant Also Can Talk   

by Michał Kliński, class 8b

 

It is another boring day in the life of a plant. The same cannot be said about a human day. A plant is staring at the sun through the window but humans can go outside and do something.

  • Another day in my boring live - Plant 
  • Who said that? - Human
  • Oh My Photosynthesis! You can hear me?
  • Yes I can but, Who are you? 
  • See that plant on the table?
  • Yes I see 
  • Touch it!
  • But why? This is weird
  • Just Do it 
  • Ok i did it 
  • Wrong plant, you touched Stanisław. Im standing next to him 
  • Wait What?! You are a plant 
  • Yes sure i am 
  • But how ?
  • I'm gonna say it to you but I need to be watered first because I didn't have anything to drink for the past 3 days !

(Human watering the plant)

  • Are you good now?
  • Yes, By the why you are made 70% out of water?
  • I don't know why I contain that large amount of water but how are you talking to me?
  • I really don't know how, I don't even have a mouth,eyes or ears but I can still feel, hear, see, smell, taste and and hear sounds.
  • You said that you can hear 2 times 
  • No I didn't
  • Yes you did, Anyways I still don't understand 
  • What can't you understand?
  • Im talking with plant I think that this is all fake because i can't imagine how you can talk and I just don't believe that this is real
  • You know that this didn't had even tiny amount of sense
  • OK, But I'm going to be late for my job
  • Job?
  • I Work to get money that i can afford to feed my family and buy stuff 
  • Familly? What is familly?
  • Family consist of  Me my wife, kids and other important people or things that also include you
  • But is family really important?
  • Nothing is more important than Family, It is a group of people that u really love
  • Ok but what does buy mean? 

 

  • For example You belong to me because I bought you also I have cat, I posses this piece off earth and i own this house 
  • Cat?! That little thing that bit me in the leaf I hate him
  • But i like him he is not always like this 
  • Ok but i want him out of this house 
  • I would prefer to not do it 
  • Why?
  • There are more of your brothers outside 
  • Oh no Don't let him outside please he is going to hurt my brothers and sisters 
  • OK, But still that doesn't seem right
  • What do you mean  by saying that doesn't seem right?
  • Talking to you don't seem right
  • Why?! Whatever I suppose you forgot about something  
  • I doubt I forgot about something. Oh shoot I remember now, JOB!
  • Exactly that will cost you a lot of your money 

         (Human leaves the room)

  • Alone again …

 

Komentarze