A Dialogue with Stative Verbs - 1st prize


 

Going Ecologic

Jan Adamik, kl. 8a


Melanie: Which type of public transport do you like the most? 

James: I love everything that goes on tracks like trams or underground because you don’t get stuck in traffic. What about you?

M: I prefer buses but only the electric ones because they don’t produce harmful fumes into the atmosphere. I don’t hate the subway, actually I like it as well, for me it’s great use of the space in tight cities. I want a subway in our city. I feel like this town really needs it but it’s too expensive for our city’s budget.

J: I also feel like electric buses are better than the combustion ones. First of all you don’t hear them, second you can’t smell fumes from them because they don’t burn fuel. I see why everybody likes them. 

M: Do you remember when in our town there were only gas buses? The air back then was extremely polluted but now, when we have electric buses, it seems like this problem just went away. 

J: That’s right, just imagine what would happen if all of the buses in our city that are in use right now were running on gas. Imagine how polluted the air was 50 years ago, probably over the scale of today’s measuring gear. Can you believe it!

M: I understand this problem, I think we slowly start to forget about it. I suppose we should remember about it because we all know what can happen if we let go and start producing more and more fumes into the air. 

J: By the way, do you own any eco-friendly things?

M: I possess an electric car. 

J: That’s cool. For how long did you have it?

M: Around a year.

J: How expensive was it?

M: Brand new it costs 30k pounds but actually it belongs to my sister and she doesn’t use it so I drive it! How about you, what do you do to be eco-friendly?

J: Actually my house can be considered eco-friendly because I don’t use electricity from power plants, I make it! I have a set of solar panels on the roof of my house. It consists of solar panels and some batteries underground. It also includes cables as well.

M: How much did you pay for it?

J: I know it can sound a bit strange but I paid 10 000 pounds for the whole setup but I mean, it was worth it!                        

                                                                                                  

Komentarze